Nova Scotia, located on Nova Scotia Peninsula, is a marine province of Canada, located on the Eastern coast on Atlantic Ocean and with only 2 hours flight from cities like Boston and New York in the USA, this place offers perfect conditions for the immigrants to Immigrate to Canada and settle down in the province .
Climate happens to be another factor that can turn this state into a great province to reside in. The climate of this province – in most of the cities is rather moderate in comparison to other places in Canada – makes it comfortable for the new migrants. Besides this, a slow but progressive economy is the right place for the new entrants to settle down, and live, work and even study in Canada by integrating with the local environment as the state develops.
Currently, the state of this province is offering opportunities to the alien immigration aspirants to move into the state and settle down permanently and work. The framework of the immigration program christened as Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination Program (NSNP)
Express Entry Linked programs
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry – needs an employment offer from a province based employer;
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry – needs experience a minimum period in the state on Canada Temporary residence permit and an employment offer from a province based employer;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians – needs an employment offer from a province based employer;
- Occupation in Demand Stream – needs an employment offer from a province based employer;
- Entrepreneur Stream – works on an EOI system and requires applicants to be prepared for establishing either a new business or acquire a designated business in the state
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream – requires the qualified foreign medical practitioners prepared to work and live in Nova Scotia. The applicants can either be onshore or offshore;
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities – has both direct entry system
- Foreign nationals from offshore locations; and
- Those with an employment offer from a province based employer;
Direct without Express Entry
- Skilled Worker Stream – – needs an employment offer from a province based employer.
Most of the streams are connected to the Canadian immigration program, Express Entry, wherein, an applicant must lodge a profile on Express Entry platform. This has come in as a respite for the offshore applicants who do not have to run from pillar to post to derive information about potential openings of the programs. The most suitable pathway for the applicants not residing onshore or not having a permanent job offer from a state based employer is Nova Scotia Labor Market Priorities – has both direct entry system
- Foreign nationals from offshore locations; and
- Those with an employment offer from a province based employer.
The program sources its candidates under the
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW);
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC); and
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
The Nova Scotia ear marks the profiles that meet following requirements:
- Score required points as prescribed by the NSPNP 67 out of 100;
- Are prepared to settle and work permanently in Nova Scotia;
- Are working within the occupation that appears on the state based table of required occupations;
- Are within specified age range, for most of the programs the specified age is between 21-55 years;
- Have appropriate academic qualifications to their credit;
- Have relevant experience in the field of their practice;
- Have sufficient subsistence funds to survive in the state after immigrating to the province.
The scope of the NSPNP Express Entry route
The government of Nova Scotia shortlists applicants from Express Entry pools on the basis of Point Based System for determining the eligibility for Canada permanent residence by pitching a minimum selection mark. The selected people are issued a Notification of Interest – NOI .
The shortlisted people are required to supply required documents to the state authorities for further assessment. On completion of the assessment, it the candidature of the applicants is found to be in order, they are furnished with a nomination.
Benefits of the NSPNP
AINP offers several advantages to the immigration aspirants. To enumerate a few below:
- Extremely fast processing speeds post letter of interest from NSOI and nominations;
- Lesser competition, as you are guaranteed a seat if you are issued a nomination
How you can access this program
You can access this route, one of the most reliable chances to live in Canada provided you fulfill certain necessary stipulations, like:
- You must have a valid Express Entry profile – that must have a validity for at least next three months;
- Have a suitable score in the Express Entry – this stream happens to be the most dynamic and changes can be made to it without notice;
- Must be working in occupations featuring in state defined requirement for the draw;
- Must be in possession of certain skills, in terms of,
- Education: you must have stipulated necessary educational qualifications that compliment the profession you are engaged in;
- Experience: you must be having requisite and designated work exposure, one year in most cases;
- Language: it is quite an important element besides your other traits is your language compatibility. You must be in possession of minimum language scores in English or French, etc. CLB 9 or equivalent;
- Have appropriate amount of funds to settle down in the state;
- Have a strong intent of settling down in Alberta
How to apply
This is quite simple. You need to obtain services of Canadian Immigration Lawyer, like us. We can make your passage easier for you by easing up the burden of preparing, submitting and following the NSPNP process for you.
You can get in touch with us for a Free immigration assessment right away by submitting your details online and mailing them to us.