Manitoba is one of Canada’s three Prairie Provinces that form the biggest source for wheat, petroleum and natural gas in the country. Its home to about 12 million people and over 13,000 immigrants choose to settle within its borders annually. The locals believe in multiculturalism and celebrate multiple ethnic festivals each year. Manitoba has an open and friendly culture that highlights the strength of the various communities living in the province. The living standard is appealing, with the low cost of maintaining a residence and other basic necessities. Energy, insurance and higher education in Manitoba are all among the least expensive in Canada.
Overview of Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream (BIS)
Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream (BIS) is for skilled business owners and entrepreneurs who want to start a business or establish a farm in Manitoba. Through BIS, the province recruits and nominates qualified business investors and entrepreneurs from other countries. The applicants are selected on the basis of their capability of commencing or purchasing a business in Manitoba or partnering in an existing one, within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada.
Requirement of Manitoba Business Investor Stream:
- The Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream requires a minimum of three years’ business ownership experience during the last five years.
- In case of applicant’s spouse owning shares in the same business, the combined ownership is counted.
- If the applicant owns less than 20% share in a business then he or she must be a senior manager to qualify for the Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream (BIS).
- A minimum investment is CAD $250,000 for businesses located in the Manitoba Capital Region and an investment of CAD $150,000 if a business is located outside of the Manitoba Capital Region.
- The proposed business must create or maintain at least one job for a Permanent Resident in Manitoba (excluding owners of the business and /or their close relatives).
- A minimum persona net worth of CAD $500,000.
- Higher language proficiency in English or French. Submission of IELTS, CELPIP or TEF scores along with the application as proof of fluency in the language.
How to apply for Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream?
- The first step in the Manitoba’s Business Investor Stream Program is a submission of a business plan along with the application.
- Before submitting the EOI, the applicant needs to complete a Business Research Visit to Manitoba to conduct extensive research on their future business investment or proposal.
- The Business Research Visit must be conducted no more than one year prior to the submission of an EOI.
Choosing to move to another country is always a painstaking process. We understand your need to make it as simple as possible with minimum interruptions and run our office in total dedication to our customers and norms. We provide professional advice in all Canada Immigration matters. Please feel free to contact us at 011-41006770 to discuss any query. You may also write to us as email@example.com mentioning your request/doubts and we will get back to you as soon as possible.